Please see the link below for information and practice for Year 2 End of Year Assessments.
Please do let us know if you would like us to provide you with any practice or extra support.
Above are the areas that I will be assessing your child against for their writing at the end of the school year. If you have any extra time, please do practice some of these areas.
- Practicing the common exception words
- Writing descriptive sentences using because, when, that, and, but, or.
- Practicing spelling words with an apostrophe such as don't, wouldn't, couldn't, I'm.
- Coming up with stories and writing them down.
- Practice their handwriting, ensuring that letters like g, y, p, and j sit on the line and descend under the line or letters like t, l, k, h, b, and d go to the top of the line. Also, ensuring that they are not too big.
- Using capital letters for the start of a sentence, names and places. Using finger spaces and full stops.
We really appreciate any extra work that you do at home because it makes all of the difference to us.
Miss Suckley and the Class 2 Team.